Wednesday, July 29, 2009

News del puente


Buenos dias companeros!

The past two days have been marvelous. Maria Lillian, Marielos and I met with the mayor of Granada yester afternoon to discuss the bridge project in El Fortin. We left the mayor´s offie with 2 meetings set up-- one for this morning in El Fortin to survey the work site, and one for next Tuesday afternoon to continue to work out the logistics from my understanding.

So this morning at 6am I met Marielos to go out to El Fortin to meet the Mayor. After speaking with the mayor today at the intended worksite everything looks very promising.
The tentative plan, as I understand it, is to build the main structure in November, and then in February the city will reinforce the structure of the bridge (during their dry season).

The mayor has thus far been very optimistic about this development project, I think it has helped to have representation from all sides. Unfortunately I do not have any specifics, but I wanted to share the promising news with everyone -- it looks like El Fortin will finally get their bridge.

I will continue to keep you all posted on El Fortin. The summer program leaves in 2 weeks to do their service work for a week.

Caio

No comments:

Post a Comment